Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough


Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The searchspellbinding display of storytelling that will exhilarate, enthrall, and thoroughly enchant.

Where to find more info:
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6393119-once-a-witch
Carolyn MacCullough (author):  


Shelley's Review


I really enjoyed this very smooth, easy to read story. Great characters, primary and secondary. I loved Tamsin and her snarkiness and easily related to her on many levels. I thought her relationship with Gabriel, considering their closeness as children (a bond that never really ever fades, if you're lucky enough to have such a friendship), to flow naturally, as in they were able to "pick up where they left off" and remain "thick as thieves" and then some. It's easy to believe they are destined to be together. I look forward to seeing how their relationship progresses.
Tamsin's family is at once aggravating and entertaining. Her Grandmother and great aunt often stealing the scene.
Our villain is somewhat mysterious and intriguing and in the beginning, well perhaps he still is, charming and charismatic. We shall see.
I have high hopes for Always a Witch and can't wait to get my hands on it.
Overall, this a clean, fun, fairly fast-paced read that quickly shows you the good and bad that comes with being in a magickal family. 



=SCORCHER


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you through the IBBA awards nominees for YA on Goodreads! :) thought I'd make some new friends while trying to win votes in the Adult Fiction category! :) I'm now following your blog and I hope you will consider following mine (and voting for me in the Fiction category if you haven't already voted for someone else): http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/04/grand-opening-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks, Jessica! I'm not sure if Kathryn has voted yet, but I'll check it out! AND you count us as followers too. Find us on fb...or we'll find you. We love to chat with our book friends! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete