Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Destiny and Deception (13 to Life #4) by Shannon Delany



The sensational fourth novel in the 13 to Life series sees Jessica and the Rusakuvas fighting to overcome one of their biggest challenges yet--the possibility of a cure for lycanthropy.   With the threat of the mafia seemingly gone and the company's headquarters in Junction destroyed, Pietr Rusakova is adjusting to being a normal teen and Jess is realizing normalcy may not be what she wanted after all. But both Jess and Cat know the truth--that normal can't be taken for granted. Their precious cure isn't permanent--and when a new danger stalks into their small town, Alexi decides he must overcome his issues with the mother who abandoned him to be raised by wolves and make a brand new deal to save his adopted family.


Where to get more info:
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11455106-destiny-and-deception
Shannon Delany: http://www.shannondelany.com/joomla/ 


Kathryn's Review
Well, first let me say that I have been dying to read this book b/c I won a signed copy in January. Of course, life gets in the way and obligations that require you to do something else...But, my wait is now over and I have dived in to Destiny and Deception and LOVED it!! Shannon Delany does not disappoint as usual...
I have been following the 13 to Life series for a while now and with each book you fall more in to the world she has created with Jessie and Pietr, Max, Amy, Cat, and Alexi...and now she has added some new characters to the mix and they have really shaken it up.
We start off exactly where Bargains and Betrayals leaves off and as each page is turned, I find my heart breaking a little. The one thing that I absolutely loved about this series is missing...my alpha!! And wow...he changed so much..I ache for Jessie and just wanted to go and up and knock some sense in to Pietr. But, I know Shannon is taking us on a path that will be grand and grand it is. What is causing the problems for Jessie and Pietr? Are our new players the cause of any disruption? You are going to have to read and find out for yourself.
I truly hope that I am doing this book justice. I am dying for the next one since we are left with a major cliffhanger and all I can do is work on possible outcomes and hope that one of them is true!
With mystery, intrigue, heartache, and intense situations I highly recommend this book...This whole series...It is one of my FAVORITES!!!



=SCORCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment