Friday, May 11, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James




When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.
Now, together, they have more – love, passion, intimacy, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy, and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control, and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.
Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past. 



Where to find more info:
Goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12881778-fifty-shades-freed
E.L. James:  http://www.eljamesauthor.com/

Shelley's Review
Anger, jealousy, loss and pain are the feelings that will consume, ruin or kill you, if you give them the  chance...and not only your own feelings can destroy you. After all of their struggles through the first two books, you'd think Ana and Christian would have it all and then some. Well, they do...but there are still others that want what they have and seek to shatter the bubble they've created. Others are bent on revenge. So close and yet so far...Despite Christian's need to control and protect Ana, the lovers find themselves separated and at odds with one another as Christian's former life continues to rear it's ugly head and all hell breaks loose around them. More secrets are revealed, alliances are broken and terror comes from an unexpected source. Lives are threatened as well as Ana and Christian's fragile coexistence. Can Ana accept Christian for who he is...can he move on from his past and trust his heart...can they survive unknown threats and the many attempts to keep them apart?
Not alone...not without each other...not without perfect love and perfect trust.
This final(?) installment has both Ana and Christian questioning everything they've come to know. The road to redemption and healing is a hard and bumpy ride. Emotions go from high to low and earth shattering despair in the blink of an eye...if you can read any of these books without a few tears, well, I might think you're not human. Everyone knows I get emotionally attached to my favorite characters...I feel their fears, pain, and their triumphs right along with them. Let me just say, I haven't been this emotionally wrought over a story in a very long time. Without giving anything away, I hope, Ms. James does give us a HEA...AFTER putting us threw the ringer and teaching us a few lessons on life, love, forgiveness and self acceptance. I was a wreck for two solid days after finishing the trilogy...ok, I was a mess the whole time I was reading Ana and Christian's tale. But despite their outcome, I bawled and bawled feeling like I'd gone through every relationship I've ever had at lightning speed and come out feeling a loss for not having what they'd finally found. It was profound, earth shaking and mind blowing.
This is not as many would believe a story based solely on the erotic...it is a study in emotions, the human psyche; what we truly believe of others and ourselves and how our choices made from those beliefs effect not only our lives but those around us. If it doesn't make you think or question what you thought you knew about love and trust...well, you need to step out of yourself...and read it again.
Seriously, Fifty Shades as a whole, blew me away. I sincerely hope it's amazing creator feels the need to indulge us with more of this fascinating world. I myself, never want to leave it. I am obsessed with Christian Grey. O.B.E.S.E.S.S.E.D. That is all.



Kathryn's Review
So, I have now finished book 3 and I am already experiencing withdrawals.  I have had a privilege of reading some awesome books in the past few years...And this series ranks right up there with those great ones!
Fifty Shades is one of those series that will always plague your mind, heart and soul.  From the first page of book 1, you are drawn in and the next thing you know, you are drowning, gasping for air, at how powerful, emotional, and sensual these books are.  As a reader, I found myself relating to Ana, yet there are times I am so blown away in how naive she is, but seeing her grow and become a strong beautiful woman...WONDERFUL!  There are still times in Freed that I felt she was just plain stupid with her decision making process, but that is who she is and obviously we wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for her odd judgment calls.  
Now, on to the reason I LOVE this series as a whole...Christian.  I will begin by saying...he would piss me off so much, but when I saw the changes he made and how he faced his demons head on...GAWD....the strength in this man is so enthralling and the next thing you know, you have fallen in love with him.  I completely understand how Ana feels when she is around him.  He possesses your thoughts and you find yourself wanting to know more and more!! Truthfully, words can't even truly encompass all that is Christian.  
So, do I LOVE this series?  Of course!!  It has definitely made my favorites shelf!
If you are wanting a book/series in which is sexy, romantic, intriguing, mind-blowing that will overwhelm you emotionally, then get this series!!  HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!


We both give Fifty Shades Freed:



=SCORCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment