Monday, May 21, 2012

Here by Ella James


Milo Mitchell's life used to be charmed, but that was before her family dissolved, she went a little crazy, and her best friends started acting more like strangers. Spending Saturday morning in a treehouse with a stun gun for company and a herd of deer for friends is the only exciting thing in her life...until she shoots a fawn and finds her dart stuck in a guy.

Her gorgeous victim is dressed in a Brioni tux and armed with a hanky. He has no idea who or where he is. Afraid her dart caused his amnesia, Milo takes him in, names him Nick, and vows to help him solve his mystery. Soon the pair find Nick's face in a newspaper obituary, and Nick beings to have strange, ethereal memories of Milo--who is sure she's never met him. Suddenly Nick knows things he shouldn't know and is doing things he shouldn't do. When the Department of Defense shows up, Nick and Milo run--toward a shocking conclusion that could destroy both their worlds.



Where to find more info:
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13490992-here
Ella James: http://ellajamesbooks.blogspot.com/

Kathryn's Review
I am going to start this review by saying I was blown away!!  I LOVED it...I didn't want to put it down(although there were a few moments that I had to...UGH!!)...Totally mesmerized by it....Ella James has done a fantastic job creating a unique urban fantasy that everyone can jump in to and find themselves completely wrapped up in Milo and Nick!
Here is a book in which you have to read to find out what all the intrigue and suspense is all about.  It is short with only 182 pages, but there is so much that when I finally reached the end, I was sooo sad!! I am dying for the next installment and to be able to follow Milo and Nick more.  Here only wet my appetite and now I am salivating waiting for the next one.  
So, are you curious as to what is so different about this book and has me shouting it's praises?  I really can't tell you much because that would be a little too spoilery...so, instead, let me say this....Here is captivating.  It draws you in with the mystery of who Nick causing you to make as many as guesses as you can and then when it is revealed...WOW!!!  And let's not forget our heroine, Milo.  She is such a great protagonist.  You automatically connect with her and feel each of her emotions as she journeys through this twisted, unique story!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!  LOVE LOVE IT!! 


Shelley's Review

What an imaginative and unexpected story. Talk about being drawn in...I really loved Here. Milo is a quirky, fun and interesting character. She gets under your skin immediately. And Nick? Wow! He's the type of character you "have to know", yet he remains an exotic mystery for a good portion of the book.
Once things get moving, your mind starts racing and calculating, just like Milo's, trying to find your footing and getting to the root of what was happening. I had a few ideas right away, but Ella is clever clever and even though some of my thoughts were correct, I never quite imagined what she had in store for us and our unlikely pair.
I was so stuck on finding out who/what Nick/Gabe was, I was shocked, even though I had the page numbers right in front me, when it abruptly ended with...OMG!...the biggest cliffhanger...EVER! I am dying for the sequel!
Ella has created characters that grab you from the get-go, shock and surprise you and have you rooting for them against the odds. Her side characters are unintentionally hilarious and speak volumes about our society and who we as humans believe we really are...the Superpower. HA! It's all at once sweet, light hearted, maddening, frightening (as we jump often into the unknown with Milo), and exhilarating. My heart was double pumping until the end...well, it still is, in anticipation of what happens next!  An excellent start to what I think will be a great sci-fi series. It's a quick and satisfying read, yet it will leave you wanting more. I say...GRAB IT NOW!



We both gave Here... 



=SCORCHER


No comments:

Post a Comment