Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Wild Ones by M. Leighton

For Adult 18+ Readers


Passion as hot as midnight in the South and love as wild as the horses they tame.

Camille “Cami” Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. She has a pedigree that rivals some of her father’s best horses. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life and her future.

But that was before she met Patrick Henley.

“Trick” blurs the lines between what Cami wants and what is expected of her. He’s considered the “help,” which is forbidden fruit as far as her father is concerned, not to mention that Trick would be fired if he ever laid a hand on her. And Trick needs his job. Desperately. His family depends on him.

The heart wants what the heart wants, though, and Trick and Cami are drawn to each other despite the obstacles. At least the ones they know of.
When Trick stumbles upon a note from his father, it triggers a series of revelations that could ruin what he and Cami have worked so hard to overcome. It turns out there’s more to Trick’s presence at the ranch than either of them knew, secrets that could tear them apart.



A little info about Michelle...
I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all.


Where to find more info:
M. Leighton's website
Twitter
Goodreads
Facebook

Where to Purchase:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble


Kathryn's Review of The Wild Ones
I just want to start by saying that I have just now found M. Leighton (Michelle) and even though she has a few books out, I decided to start with this book because of the raves from friends and authors that I follow.
Needless to say, it was a great choice.  Every moment that I could find, I was glued to the pages of this book.  From the very first page to the pain staking last page...and I mean pain staking because it was the end...you are drawn in to this book.  And that may be putting it mildly in my case.  Days after I finished The Wild Ones, I am still obsessed with it.  My memories are taken over by the words of those pages and I begin to get overwhelmed with longing for that world again.  
M. Leighton forged a tale of two people that you are instantly drawn to and throughout their journey, you are rooting for their success and aching inside when things fall apart.  The Wild Ones is brilliantly written and evokes so many emotions that you know this one will be a part of the very fabric of your being because you are so connected to these two special people...Cami and Trick.
Ahhh....Cami and Trick...First, lets start with Cami.  Sweet, smart, girl who comes from money, yet has a great personality with compassion for the people around her.  College girl, majoring in Business, so that one day she can take over her dad's thoroughbred business we see that, all in all, Cami has her world planned out...AND then guess what??? While home from school for the summer and spending time with the bestie, in walks Trick.  Whew...Let me say this...WHAT...A...MAN!!!! You can feel him just explode off the pages with the hotness that he is...but, what I love about him is not that he is like the TOTAL package in looks, he is the all around guy.  He's smart, funny, caring, and he is passionate about horses.  And that last part touches my heart even more...I love my horses!!  
I am not going to go in to details about the story.  You truly need to experience it for yourself.  Make sure you have time to not be disturbed, because you will not want to put this down...
So, to wrap it up, let me just say, The Wild Ones is a beautiful story of two people finding each other and dealing with everything that can possibly destroy them.  With HOT, steamy, passionate scenes to endearing, heart wrenching ones, you can't help but fall in love with Cami and Trick...
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!  Just click the Amazon link above and get your copy today!! You won't be disappointed...

Kathryn gives The Wild Ones



=SCORCHER

2 comments:

  1. I just can't tell you how much I love this review! I am THRILLED you enjoyed the book!!! Thank you so, so, SOOO much for making my day:) *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book!! M. Leighton is one of my fave authors!!

    ReplyDelete