Monday, December 30, 2013

FAB FIVE OF 2013: COVERS

Day one... COVER LUST....
Here are some of the covers that we fell in love...
LUST with this year...
Check them out...Let us know what you think and if you have any that you would suggest...



I'm not sure why we started off with the best of COVERS for 2013. Was this my idea? Lord knows, it's a tough category. WE LOVE COVER ART. We stare and drool, and spend countless hours obsessing over our latest and greatest finds. And what catches our eye can really vary. I think my list will reflect that. I went with books I purchased this year. I haven't read any of them- yet, but whether they were an author I follow or one I've been hoping to read, these covers all had that "something" that made them stand out for me and I had to add them to my TBR...

1. COLD COPPER (Age of Steam #3) by Devon Monk

I absolutely love the cover artist for this series. He captures our lead character/hottie/werewolf, Cedar perfectly. He also lets you see a bit of what lies within the pages. He's really remarkable.

2. INK by Amanda Sun

It's ART. Pure and simple. I love the watercolors. It's just beautiful. And I love that it only hints at the story.
3. GET BENT by CM Stunich

This cover KILLS me. I mean, JUST LOOK AT HIM!!! The second book in CM's Hard Rock Roots series, it features my latest obsession Turner F***ing Campbell. Dude. He IS rock. And his story is hardcore. I am literally dying for the fourth book. Anyway, I could stare at this photo All. Day. Long. And I may have on occasion. Can you blame me??!?!

4. LOVE in the TIME of GLOBAL WARMING by Francesca Lia Block

Another cover that is pure art. It's a wonderful mix of mediums and it's tactile. I love a cover I can run my hands over and really feel. Even the paper is scrumptious. 
5. The DREAM THIEVES by Maggie Steifvater

Maggie can do no wrong. And this cover, like the last, is striking and brilliant. Need I say more?

Well, this is one of those categories that seems easy and then as you look, you're like...Ummm...only 5 eh??
So, I decided to only choose covers of books in which I have read this year...While there are some fabulous covers out there...these are the ones that just stuck with me and pop out every time I see them....
So, in no particular order...Here are my FAB Five covers for 2013...

1.  INCEPTION by Teal Haviland


 From the moment I saw this cover..I was in LOVE...it is just pure...the colors, the lady's lips, the grain of the overlay...It is just amazing and It is a cover that has stayed with me ever since I first saw it...

2.  STEEL LILY by Megan Curd

 This is another book in which the color scheme truly attracts my eye.  Then add in all the cogs and wheels with the title too...just perfection...

3.  ASHES & ICE by Rochelle Maya Callen


This is another cover that has stayed in my mind since I first saw it...
You can literally feel the chill from it and the woman's eyes are so captivating...the green just pops right off of the cover...Brilliantly done...

4.  UNDER DIFFERENT STARS by Amy Bartol

The elegance of this cover draws me wanting to sit and stare it to try and figure it out.
The ivory beauty of the woman contrasting with the dark background really rounds this whole cover out...WONDERFULLY gorgeous!!

5. ROCKIN THE HEART by Gracen Miller


While this book is set to release in January, I have had the chance to read it as an ARC.
When the cover was revealed...OMG...it was HOT and STEAMY and so alluring to the eye.
The way the couple is placed in the background as the image is burning to show them..
Just LOVE it... 

Sooo....there are out FAB FIVE Covers of 2013...
What do you think??
What was some of the covers that you completely LOVED/LUSTED over this year??

1 comment: